Thursday, March 10, 2011

4AM Pregnancy Test & Barking Spiders

I woke up earlier than usual and immediately sensed the nausea.  Then it hit me “it’s time for you know what” and nothing has happened yet!  While panic shot through me I remembered a spare pregnancy test in the cabinet.  My youngest is not even 9 months old yet!  They would be less than 18 months apart!  Others have gone this way and survived but the mere thought had me wishing I could breathe frantically into a brown paper bag.  Everyone knows that no form of birth control is 100% effective (haven’t you seen Friends??).   But could this really happen to US?  The potential irony of having recently sold our Travel System on craigslist hit me.  I was not amused.  As I waited the “2 minutes” to officially read the test results I realized I was shaking.  The chills.  It wasn't morning sickness!  It was the FLU!   I have never been relieved to be sick until now.
The flu has struck repeatedly in our household this week.  Anyone who could previously brag that they had not been sick all winter has now been sick.  In the month of March.  We almost made it.  With sickies slumming around the house almost every day the camera has been gathering dust on the counter.  But you will not leave this blog disappointed!  I present to you The Best of – Quotes by Gabriel:
“Mommy, my booty ate a barking spider.  Now it’s stinky.”
Me - “Gabriel!  Don’t eat your boogies!”
G- “There’s a tiger in my tummy and he said <growly voice> ‘I’m hungry! I want boogies!’“
Me - <walked out of the room>  How do you reply to that??

G – “Mommy, I think Tinks is naked.” (Tinks is our dog.)
Me – “What should she be wearing?”
G – “…….a parachute!”

“Daddy’s potty is Daddy’s potty.  It’s not yours potty.  Maybe you get one for Christmas.”

<Playing with stickers>
“I take the skunk tails off and they not stinky anymore!”

<While flopping all over the sofa>
“Mom!  I’m spazzin’ out!”

“I don’t need my peas ‘cause my poops not stuck.  My poops gone.”  
<Stands, turns with back to me, pulls down pants and bends over>
“See? I don’t have more poops!”

No comments:

Post a Comment